GIFT WRAPPING: Gift wrapping is something I've taken more of an interest in lately. I used to be a "chuck it in a gift bag with some scrunched up tissue paper on the top" kind of girl. Not anymore. Now I am a "plain wrapping paper with cool ribbon or string" kind of girl. There is something about simple and pretty that has me hooked. I have more white & brown wrapping paper than you can poke a stick at. Ready and awaiting to wrap up specially selected/handmade gifts for loved ones. Here is some bundles of goodies recently wrapped. I won't be upset if you copy.
|All the new In Colour Baker's Twine from Stampin' Up melts my heart.|
BIRTHDAY: Guess what? A Christy Production turns 2 this month. And to think I almost didn't realise. It only took me 12 days to figure it out. But I got there in the end. I'm so pleased with what I have achieved in the past two years. I am a much more confident, successful and courageous person, than what I was 2 years ago. I can thank alot of you kind ladies for that, and for your kind words and kind deeds.
ELEPHANT FOOT: Just under two weeks ago, I had an accident. Husby and I were going camping, and I was lucky enough to have the day off of work, the day before we were scheduled to leave for camping. To cut a really long (kind of boring) story short, whilst carrying camping equipment down the stairs, I fell. I badly injured my left ankle. After a trip to the ER I could count my blessings that it was not broken.
My experiences over the past 12 days or so:
- Being pushed around in a wheelchair has it's advantages, once you get over the fact that you can't do anything for yourself.
- Showering sitting down... why didn't I think of this before? One day when I buy or build my own home, I am installing/including in the design, a bench, in my shower stall. I can't think of a more relaxing thing in this world, than to be able to shower my tired, sore body, whilst comfortably sitting down.
- Getting in an out of a tent and on and off of an air bed is hard when one of your legs is borderline useless.
- I've never felt so bad for my husband in all my life, until he had to literally pick my
super light weight *cough* 'unwilling to comply, overweight' body off the ground. Twice. I heard his back crack both times.
- I bought brand new running sneakers just a couple of weeks ago to address the overweight issue. I can't describe the disappointment I feel that I will not be able to exercise in the way of walking or running for at least a couple more months.
I think I will leave it at that for now. At the end of the day, it is getting better, it hurts, but it is getting better. I am grateful for my husby who has been taking very good care of me, and without complaint (if anything I get in trouble for trying to do things myself and not just asking for his help..)
Hope everyone is well. Happy Mother's Day all your lovely, unselfish, devoted mother's. xo