Monday, March 17, 2014

The Hallmark Challenge #2


I am STILL exciting about our new challenge series. We kicked things off last month with our first challenge which you can read about here. We also had another person play along and add their challenge card in the linkup party at the bottom, so be sure to check it out.

So a quick recap if you aren't quite sure what the Hallmark Challenge is:  I feature an over priced store bought card, which I have photographed in store because it is far to over priced for me to purchase it for the challenge! Then comes the fun part. Using what I have in my personal stash, I recreate the card and share it with you. The card will then be available for purchase after each challenge. 

So know that you know what's going on, let's kick off our Hallmark Challenge #2. 



Kind of ridiculous that a card as simple as that is $6 isn't it? I thought so too. Here is my version of the card...



Much better isn't it? I decided to brighten up the design a little by adding the colourful floral design paper across the bottom instead of the bland spotted paper they had on the Hallmark card. I didn't want to over-embellish so went without the dotted trails coming out the bottom of the butterflies and the little daisy images also. I added a couple of rhinestones which weren't featured on the original card, but that's because you can't NOT have rhinestones on a little baby girls 1st birthday card! 


So there you have it. Hallmark's version for just shy of $6, and my card which is now up for sale for just $4 and comes with a free co-ordinating envelope. Card is available for purchase here.

If you'd like to join in on the Hallmark Challenge fun, please go ahead and create your own version of this card, and add it to our Linkup Party below! 


Christy

No comments: