I thought I'd share a little about myself today. I don't think I have before. And it's probably about time you knew a little more about me.
I am Australian. I am 25. I have been married for 1 1/2 years. I am a Mormon. I have 1 niece and 1 nephew. I'm a trained Hairdresser and used to own my own mobile hairdressing business. I lived in America for just over a year in 07 through to 08. This is where I met my husband. He's Texan.
I have a calling (responsibility) at church as the Young Women's 2nd Councillor. Young Women's is a program we run that is for girls between the ages of 12 and 18. I look after the 12 and 13 year old girls. It's HARD work but I love it.
I have always enjoyed crafts, but have only really got stuck into them over the past 6 months. I have my own selfishly awesome craft room filled with all my goodies.
I work in an Accounting Firm as a Receptionist. Not my most favourite thing in the world but my co-workers make it bearable.
I love to shop for bargains. Proof is here, here and here. These are just three examples of goods I've found this month alone.
And that's the basics about me. Now for some fun facts that I usually don't tell people. I have a few quirks. My husby often looks at me and laughs. I think he laughs so he doesn't cry.
- I hate odd numbers. Even writing the word 'odd' makes me feel uneasy. Luckily I was born on the 22nd, or else we could have problems. I was born on the 3rd month though, but I ignore that and just call it March. I never refer to it as the third month. The volume on the TV and radio must be even. But for some reason I can accept 5. It doesn't bother me the way that 1, 3, 7 & 9 do. Ugh.
- I am obsessed with wearing accessories. I must be wearing at LEAST 2. One day I forgot to put any accessories on, and didn't realise this until I got to work. I was a mess all day. Most days I wear earrings and a flower in my hair. Necklaces and bracelets are optional. The other two, not really. I feel ugly without them.
- I have super long eyelashes.
I probably should have cropped this photo but I'm lazy. But it's a good photo of the length of my eyelashes. Problem is, they shed alot. I love them, but it makes wearing glasses and sunglasses difficult to wear because if I am wearing lots of mascara, they touch the lens as I blink. So on a daily basis I barely wear any.
- I hate being tickled. It makes me angry. Quite literally. My husband learnt this the hard way.
- I love tropical everything. Flavours, fruits, drinks, smells, the whole lot. My favourite fruit is mangoes. It is currently Mango season in Australia and it makes me VERY happy.
- I have a really deep belly button. I can fit my entire pointer finger inside it. All the way down to the joint. A few years ago we thought it would be funny to see how many sultanas we could fit in it. I think we got to around 40, then we (I think it was my sister and me) ran out of sultanas. There was still room for more. We peed ourselves laughing.
- I hate Mac products, but own an iPhone. Figure that one out.
- Green is my absolute most favourite colour. I want my bedroom to be green one day.
- I can play the piano. Not as well as I used to, but I can. Once I got so good, that I could play awesome classical songs like Moonlight Sonata and I also started to steer down the path of Rag music - I mastered Black & White Rag arranged by Winifred Attwell. It was incredibly hard to learn, but hell I was awesome! I can still actually play the first part of it. I found her playing it on YouTube but for some reason it won't let me embed the video. You can watch her play it here, or go here to listen to this arrangement which is more along the lines of what I played. They can play it a little faster then I could :P
- My parents could have been famous. My mum sung in the Sydney Opera House and had opportunities to advance in a singing career but didn't. My dad qualified for the Commonwealth Games back in the 70's I think it was, to do backstroke. He turned it down after qualifying and decided to focus more on the direction he wanted to go in. If I remember his story correctly, his personal best time for that particular event in backstroke was faster then the guy who won the Gold Medal at the Commonwealth Games he was supposed to go to. And it remained that way for a few Games afterwards.
- I have less sensation in my finger tips then a normal person. All those years of hairdressing must have killed off some nerves. I probably should have worn gloves more often. Oopsy.
- I don't really have any friends. I have lots of acquaintances. If you want to be my friend, you're most welcome too. I miss having friends. The trouble is I'm opinionated and not afraid to share it. And there is no such things as grey to me. Either it's black, or white. No inbetween. It's either right or wrong. The end.
- I don't like gold jewellry.
- I hang my clothes in colour order darkest to lightest, each in their own category. My husband has given up trying to put my clothes away for me. He puts things on coathangers, then puts them on the doorknob ready for me to put away. My shoes used to be like this, but then I got sick of bending over.
- I hate ironing. I have stopped buying clothes that require ironing. I have a shirt that I bought about a year ago. It required ironing. I think I've worn it 3 times.
And that's me. I'm full of quirks, but I like me. So it's all good.
Hope you had a creative day! I'm excited to see all the giveaways I'm going to win over the weekend. None for you, all for me!! :P