Sunday, October 10, 2010

Luggage Identification

#10
My husband and I are heading overseas shortly.  I have a serious fear of someone stealing my luggage, not because they had malicious intent, but because they thought it was their suitcase and took it mistakingly.  Whenever I travel, (this is something I learned from my father) I have always tied something onto the outside of my luggage to distinguish it from everyone else's.  In the past it has been a few threads of wool, or a scrap piece of fabric.  I also always try to put bright coloured ID tags on them with my details plainly written on there.

I bought some FLURO green tags the other day.













I then decided that wasn't enough.  I needed the distinguishing strap of fabric.  But of course the craftiness in my blood wouldn't allow me to just rip off a bit of fabric and tie it on.  So I chose out some fabrics that would be appropriate, and made the hubby choose which he liked best... and made these...













I even made an extra incase someone decides they like it so much that they steal it haha.  I know it's over the top but you have to be ready for these idiots!!  It's happened to me before!!

They are nice and long and I'll be using them for many years to come.
 












What have you been up to today?

Until tomorrow

Christy

1 comment:

lissyal said...

uber cute trist. love the idea