Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Creative Space - in ruins!!

Remember my almost finished transformation of my craft quarters posted about here?  Guess what?  It doesn't look like that anymore.  It looks like this....



We got notification end of last week our house was being re-painted starting Monday this week.  We had 3 days to put our lives back into boxes, empty closets and cupboards, shift all furniture and belongings to the centre of rooms.  I felt like crying as I took apart my craft room, put fabric into boxes, stuffed my drawers and brand new beautiful shelf full of stuff in the room, trying to make it all fit.  Sigh.  It will probably take me at least a week to unpack the house and get it back into it's ship shape functioning condition.  But who know's when we'll be back in the house!!  We've been told "at least 4 days", so who really knows (especially since it's forecasted to rain most of the week). 

SO!  In the meantime, I'm at my parents house.  I did manage to take over my card making supplies to keep me occupied while we live there.  I have set up a trussle table out in the gym room with my supplies and so far have made 6 cards!! I think that's a record for me of late.  6 cards within 24 hours?  I am amazing!!

Hopefully I'll be home in my nifty little craft room soon :)

For more spaces, just snap crackle pop over to Kirsty's.

Christy

6 comments:

Jill said...

You poor thing losing your lovely craft space - even if it is just for a few days! How frustrating! Good for you though finding a new little temporary space! Hope you get back home soon!

Photography said...

I shall expect to see some amazing catch up crafting when you get home then hey? After you recover from having to redo your room (grrr!! how annoying is that!) Are the cards going in your shop?

Kate said...

Oh no! How frustrating. But at least you have a sparkling clean, freshly painted house to look forward to. And maybe your Mum will cook and look after you while you're with her too??

Photography said...

PS Woo! Number 12 this week! AND you got a comment from FoxsLane you must be special.

Shell said...

So not fair! I would have a little tantrum over that I think. A little stamping of the feet. Glad you can still be creative though. Hope you get it back soon.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to get everything just where you want it and to have to put it all away again...you poor girl. Looks like you are definitely making the best of it.